Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thing #15

Thing # 15

Wiki to me before this blog exploration was just a part of the website wikipedia, nothing more. I always dismissed the idea of using anything with wikipedia because I can not use the information in my school work and provide a creditable resource.

After watching the video and exploring the examples provided from 23 Things I have a new insight to a wiki. A wiki is not at all what I thought it was. It could be beneficial to students and a tool for teaching. This would have came in handy when I was in high school. I was apart of a organization called FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). In this organization I competed in Digital Video Production with two partners. We had a video to make and the easiest way to share information was through emailing each other documents all the time. When one of edited the document we had to send it back to everyone else. It was hard to keep up with which document we needed to be using and several ideas seemed to disappear. If we would have had a wiki we could have shared documents easier and communicated more efficiently. This could be tool taught inside a project of a media class in high school even inside other classrooms. Teachers could use this tool and make a project out of it. Students could work together to plan a school field trip. I did not create my own wiki but I think wikis are beneficial to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment