Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thing #1

Thing 1 of the 23 things for education 3070 had me view a presentation about the 7 and 1/2 habits of highly successful lifelong learners. I was asked that while I was previewing the presentation to write down which of the habits is the easiest for me as well as the hardest for me. 
As I reached Habit 6 I knew that I had found which of the Habits were the easiest for me. Habit 6 is use technology to your advantage. Just the other day I was talking to my boss and I was asked a question what a word in a song meant. I was unsure and instantly I picked up my Iphone and I clicked my goggle app and typed the word into google. I then told my boss the meaning of the word. Technology has made knowledge limitless for me. I have often thought about how different learning would be if I did not know how to use technology to the fullest advantage. I would wonder a lot more often than I do now that is for sure. 
I had to click back through the habits to find the hardest one for me. I then decided that Habit 1 was the hardest for me. Begin with the end in mind. I found this one to be the hardest for me because I know that I want to teach math, but when I am asked if I am going to retire teaching I am often not sure how to respond. I do not have a set end point for myself, which makes this habit one the hardest. I have considered what it would be like to teach for several years in middle school then move to administrations or to the collegiate level but, I do not want to sent and end for myself because I do not want to limit myself to what I can achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment